Attention editorially-minded, independent freelance writers: fintech content is hot. Whether you're looking to move to a new (and lucrative) writing niche, or you're an experienced fintech writer, Chatty's on the lookout for freelance writers with experience in financial technology, and we'd encourage you to apply.
Who we are looking for
As a fintech writer, you'll partner with Chatty clients—some of the world's most recognizable brands—to craft high-quality and engaging content. Our freelance writers bring impressive storytelling and research chops to ensure the highest-quality content, working with a Chatty Managing Editor and a team of talented freelancers to deliver content that drives strategic business goals.
We pride ourselves on the variety of subject matter expertise our writers and editors can cover. Special attention will be given to those who have experience writing for fintech companies, or writing about finance, technology, and related topics. Proven ability to research and write long-form (>1500 words) assets is a must.
Work for leading companies in the field and experience writing about the following topics will be viewed favorably:
- Social/streaming commerce
- Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL)
- E-commerce payments
- Related fintech trends
- Create articles, case studies, web content, and other materials
- Pitch stories relevant to clients on topics of interest
- Work with a Chatty Managing Editor to manage schedules and assignments
Rates are competitive and are determined on a project-by-project basis. Typical blog posts start at $400 for non-reported articles and $700 for reported articles.
If you haven't worked with Chatty before, here's the gist:
- Our platform makes it easy to collaborate with clients on projects.
- We pay you every Wednesday for work completed the preceding week. In other words, no waiting around for checks or bothering with invoices. We even guarantee payment in case of problems with client payment.
- There's no obligation to accept projects.
- Before getting started with clients, we'll get you fully trained on our platform.
- Our Editorial team and Managing Editors will support you throughout the entire process. You'll have access to our editorial community to share referrals, ask questions, and level up your freelancing career.
How to apply
If you're interested, you can apply to join the Chatty Crew and create your free Chatty profile by clicking here.
After completing the form (which takes about 15 min), one of our Talent Managers will be in touch within a few days to schedule your onboarding call. Some roles also require a paid writing or editing test, which your Talent Manager will discuss on the call.